This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.
MODMII COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR CONSOLE!
USE THIS SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
It's now easier than ever to donate to ModMii using GitHub Sponsors!
Introduction: What is ModMii?
ModMii is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii; it can generate custom guides based on your Wii's specifications, and save the files in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding. Sample guides for illustrative purposes only
are available HERE
It is also capable of performing many other wii hacking functions like setting up a usb-loader and creating an emulated NAND. ModMii was also the very first official installer for the widely adopted d2x cIOS.
Even if your Wii's SD Card reader is broken or you just don't have an SD Card, you can use a Hard Drive formatted as FAT32 in place of an SD Card to complete the majority of ModMii's functions (SD Card notably required for Bootmii and making a NAND backup).
The video below describes some of ModMii's many features:
What can ModMii do?
How to Use ModMii
- It can download all the files necessary to Modify, Upgrade & Downgrade your Wii System Menu
- Update only your outdated softmods based on a sysCheck log from your Wii
- Able to build a custom easy to follow guide to setting up a USB-Loader (including how to format/partition your external hard drive)
- Install SNEEK, build emulated NANDs, and Batch Extract Wii/Gamecube Games for use with SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI
- Load NEEK on a Wii without softmodding it using the Abstinence Wizard
- Region Change Your Wii
- Download individual IOS/cIOS files, Official Wii Channels, System Menus, Wii Apps, DML, etc.
- Install patched IOSs without a wifi connection on your Wii
- Customize Bootmii, Wad Manager and MMM start-up settings using ModMii Configurators to create a custom config files
- This is also capable of building many different System Menu Themes (csm's and themed SM Wads)
- Provides a solution for the upside-down homebrew channel and the HackMii installer No Vulnerable IOS problems
- Advanced Custom Downloads Feature will allow you to easily patch and change the slot/version of IOSs/cIOSs. It can also build 3 different types of forwarder dol's and iso's (only use this feature if you know what you are doing!!)
- Save\Load custom Download Queues
- and much much more!
- Download and run the ModMii Installer from the links below
- More information on installing and using ModMii can be found in the Usage page
ModMii downloads. Please select your language below to download the ModMii Installer.
PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOAD LINKS
NOTICE: Only English is still actively supported. All other languages are probably so outdated they're useless by now.
If your language is not available then consider contributing a translation.
WARNING: A small percentage of antivirus software may flag ModMii as dangerous; these are false-positives.
ModMii does NOT contain any viruses.
If for some reason you can't run the ModMii Installer you can download the latest portable zip from HERE
Unzip it anywhere on your PC then just double-click ModMii.exe or ModMiiSkin.exe.
INSTEAD PLEASE LINK TO EITHER THIS PAGE OR MY DOWNLOAD LINKS DIRECTLY
6.6.3 Changelog - 2021:04-23:
- Fixed bug where the MMM's boot.elf was not being saved to SD root when appropriate (i.e. for HackMii Solutions Wizard, and for modding virgin Korean Wii's running system menu 4.2 or lower). This only occurred if MMM was not already saved to the SD card before downloading the HackMii Installer, and ModMii would fix itself if downloads were repeated. This bug was introduced when downloads were alphabetized and MMM became queued after the Hackmii Installer instead of before.
- Syscheck Updater now also accepts "hermes-v5.1" as a valid info tag for cIOS 202 & 224 (in addition to hermesrodries-v5.1, hermesrodries-v6 & hermesrodries-5.1). These are all the same cIOS but the info signature differs based on the installer used.
- Korean consoles now use v1.0 of the Photo Channel, since it has been reported that v1.1 does not work properly on Korean consoles.
- Other minor changes.
6.6.2 Changelog - 2021:04-06:
- Added multi-language support for analyzing syscheck.csv logs (English, German, French, Spanish & Italian).
- NAND backups are now included in syscheck updater guides when updating the HBC or Bootmii.
- Improvements to syscheck updater guide based on the version of the HBC currently installed:
- If the HBC/Bootmii needs to be updated, and IOS58 is already installed, updating the HBC is the first step.
- If the HBC/Bootmii needs to be updated, and IOS58 is not already installed, ModMii will have you update this AFTER the install WADs (or Priiloader) step in order to have the HBC reinstall to use IOS58.
- If the HBC is super old (older than v1.0.7), updating the HBC is the first step in order to gain ahbprot\no-ios-reload support, then ONLY if IOS58 was not already installed according to the syscheck the HBC is reinstalled after the install Wads (or Priiloader) step in order to have the HBC reinstall to use IOS58.
- ModMii now detects if it's missing write access to the installation folder, and only if necessary, prompts you to either change the installation directory or press any key to re-launch itself as admin. When relaunching itself, if the standard ModMii shortcuts are detected, they will also be updated to launch ModMii as admin in the future.
- Added write permissions check for SD and USB directory settings.
- ModMii now works when installed to folders with special characters.
- Updated launchers (ModMii.exe and ModMiiSkin.exe) by person66 to support carets in installation path.
- Fixed bug where advanced download IOS patches were not being applied if the slot number was left unchanged.
- tmdedit.exe is no longer used to build d2x v10beta52 and 53alt cIOSs. One user briefly encountered problems with tmdedit that have not resurfaced, but just in case.
- Fixed bug when saving\loading MAC address for Wilbrand in ModMii Classic's saved wizard settings from a previous session.
- Restored code page to 437 as some users reported slowdowns with unicode (65001). Unicode still used but very sparingly when running the sneek installer (Windows 10 only).
- Updated cygwin1.dll to clear warnings when running ModMii's sneek game extractor or forwarder ISO creator; warnings made no difference on the output of files.
- Added note to Region Change guides on how to update Nintendo channels (e.g. News, Internet, etc.) in case existing channels don't work on the new region.
- Removed the HBC Reinstallation youtube video and gif from guides (redundant).
- Priiloader updated to v0.9.1 and updated hacks_hash for WiimmFi v4.
- Updated the version of Priiloader (and hacks) that get installed to Emulated NANDs to v0.9.1 (from v0.7 neek mod). Also added note when installing Priiloader to an EmuNAND that it is bypassed in neek2o rev 93-96.
- USB Loader GX updated to v3.0 r1272 mod v6.
- WiiFlow Lite updated to v5.4.9.
- Nintendont updated to v6.492.
- ShowMiiWads updated to v1.5 Mod; now includes 64bit version in addition to 32bit.
- If ModMii appears infected you should quarantine for 2 weeks before gaming online.
- Other minor changes.
6.6.1 Changelog - 2021:02-28:
- Quick bugfix.
6.6.0 Changelog - 2021:02-28:
- New\updated website, exploits, recommended cIOSs, System Menu IOSs, apps, modding steps, videos, discord server and donations page.
- Major improvements to ModMii's custom generated guides, updates to many of ModMii's downloads, and fixed a handful of broken links.
- Updated links to ModMii's new site; modmii.github.io and migrated the project from sourceforge to github.
- Added str2hax exploit to ModMii, enabling you to softmod using a FAT32 HDD in place of an SD Card to do most things. This is always included as an exploit option in all of ModMii's guides.
- Rewrote ModMii's updater to be able to adapt to potential website changes. Updates should work even if github goes down or ModMii moves to a different home for some other reason.
- ModMii's File Cleanup feature now also removes the Priiloader Launcher (new) and ModMii Guides.
- Added a dedicated "Extra Brick Protection" setting to Options menu. Previously it had a shared setting with "Update IOSs".
- Added d2x version selector to the main Options menu in addition to Download Page 4 and Advanced Downloads Page.
- Added hermes cIOS setting to Options menu; when enabled 202 & 222-224 are included in recommended cIOSs. Default is disabled since they are generally redundant with other recommended cIOSs
- Added a check to prevent creating dead-end shortcuts if PC Apps are not downloaded successfully.
- Created a new ModMii Discord Support Server for users who prefer to use Discord instead of email or gbatemp: https://discord.gg/cMnBRACQwQ
- Donations now accepted (again) at modmii.github.io/donations.html. No easter eggs or perks given in exchange for donations. Support is given freely and equally.
- Updated default version of d2x from v8-final to v10-beta52 and rev number maxxed out to 65535.
- ModMii and wii.guide have coordinated updating our recommended cIOSs to install d2x cIOS with base 38 to slot 251. Previously ModMii didn't install anything to this slot, and wii.guide recommended base 58 to this slot. There are 2 games that are supported by d2x base 38 that do not fully work with the standard d2x base 57 & 56 setup in slots 249 & 250. Wii.guide previously recommended installing d2x base 58 to slot 251, but this only worked for 1 of these games. Similarly ModMii previously recommended Hermes cIOSs by default which worked in these cases. Today I am proud to say that these two great Wii modding resources are fully aligned in their recommended cIOS setup. More info here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_base_Compatibility_List
- Made three new changes to the patched IOS60v6174 that ModMii installs to System Menu IOS slots; 1) tagged 00000000.app for better sysCheck IOS detection; 2) changed version number from 16174 to 65535 since it is no longer needed for sysCheck IOS detection; and 3) replaced Nintendo's RSA Public key with RC24's enabling it to support RiiConnect24, including Wii Mail. With this System Menu IOS you can use RiiConnect24 without having to be on SM4.3. Note that for full RiiConnect24 functionality you will still need to use the RiiConnect24 patcher, but you can skip updating to 4.3 and installing RC24's IOS80 (which carries some small 003 brick potential). ModMii's sysCheck updater will accept both the current and previous versions as being up to date since these changes are non-vital improvements.
- Hermes cIOSs 202 & 222-234 are no longer included in recommended cIOSs by default since they are generally redundant with other recommended cIOSs. This can be re-enabled in ModMii's Options.
- Adjusted the tag on the IOS236 WAD from Download Page 1 so that it reports the same detailed info in sysCheck logs as the version installed by the IOS236 Installer homebrew. This WAD is still not used in any ModMii functions, but it remains available for download.
- Removed IOS236 installation from main modding procedure; instead Priiloader and WADs are installed using ahbprot access. IOS236 WAD, IOS236 installer and Simple IOS Patcher still available in Download Pages.
- Replaced MMM with Some YAWMM Mod for ModMii's main wizard and sysCheck Updater wizard as it has support for Motion+ controllers. WiiMod Lite is not supported because of reasons identified here: http://tiny.cc/0ihotz
- MMM is still used in some guides where it's launched directly from an exploit to install WADs then use it's App Launcher to load the next app without having to rename files and repeat an exploit. Notes added to these guides on how to proceed you only have Motion+ remotes.
- Bundled a new stand-alone script saved to ModMii's Support folder: ExploitAppSelector.bat. It does exactly what it says and works when saved to the root of any SD or COPY_TO_SD folder, or ModMii's main\support folders. ModMii wizards that launch MMM via an exploit also save this script to COPY_TO_SD and reference it in guides to help users change the app launched by exploits.
- Added a new first step to guides to explicitly check the format of your SD card (or HDD) and to format it as FAT32 if necessary. Not applicable to Region Change Guides and sysCheck Updater guides as these users will already have done this. These steps were already present in ModMii's USB-Loader setup guides.
- In the ModMii main wizard, if a user indicates his wii is not a virgin and knows specifically what he wants to update, and they decide to change SM versions but say no to installing Priiloader, ModMii will override this poor decision and include Priiloader in its guide. I don't think many people are using ModMii this way, but just in case.
- Added KoreanKii to region change guides as an optional step to add or remove the Korean Key.
- Updated many gifs used in ModMii guides as well as created new ones for ModMii's new videos.
- Nintendont is now downloaded as a Gamecube "plugin" when setting up a USB-Loader with one of ModMii's wizards. All apps still available on a stand-alone basis in classic download pages.
- Major improvements to the content and formatting of ModMii's custom guides. "Fun Facts" and other pro-tips were added in an attempt to help first-time modders learn more about what they're doing instead of just following steps.
- Added support for the LetterBomb exploit to ModMii's guides. This was essentially already supported in the form of Wilbrand's Mailbox Bomb. However, now when ModMii prompts users for their Wii's MAC Address they will be given the option to skip this for now and enter it later. Wilbrand's Mailbox Bomb is constructed if a MAC address is provided; but if skipped, ModMii will not prepare the exploit directly but instead instruct users to download and save LetterBomb to their SD Card. If on SM4.3, LetterBomb is always set to be a secondary exploit option.
- SysCheck Updater guides now include a copy of the original sysCheck in a spoiler.
- Alphabetized WADs in ModMii's guides as well as downloads in general.
App Updates (6.6.0)
- Priiloader updated to v0.9 with lots of new features; ModMii bundles it with the Priiloader Launcher app and a modified hacks_hash with the "Lock System Menu with Black Screen" hack removed. Added some important info and warnings to meta.xml; e.g. how to access Priiloader, how it can be removed when updating or (un)installing a new System Menu, name changed to "Priiloader Installer", etc.
- Reordered paths for USB-Loader Forwarder Channel to prioritize USBLoaderGX first, WiiFlow second, and CFG third. Also the removed splash screen to speed up load time.
- Updated Any Region Changer (ARC) to ARC ModMii Edition (ARCME) by scooby74029; if ARCME detects a region mismatch, you only have to select the "Auto Fix Settings" to correct it. Older versions of ARC required you to set a Region, save, then change the video mode back to it's previous setting, and save again. ARCME's "Auto Fix Settings" takes care of all that (i.e. it does not change the video mode but changes everything else to align with the installed System Menu region). It's a minor improvement over the original but don't forget it also supports Motion+ remotes so ARCME FTW!
- Updated USBLoaderGX to blackb0x's r1272 mod v5 released in Feb 2021. It's changelog is quite impressive, you should read it: http://tiny.cc/gxenhanced
- Updated WiiFlow Lite to Fledge68's v5.4.8
- Updated Nintendont to v6.490.
- Updated Wii64 beta 1.1 to beta 1.2; which was released 3 years ago, sorry for missing it! Please report if you notice something like this!
- Updated Savegame Manager GX to rev76 by Dj_Skual.
- Updated Homebrew Browser from v0.3.9c to v0.3.9e.
- Updated sysCheck to the latest, slightly modified, version of sysCheck HDE. The only change is an updated URL to re-enable uploading of reports; thanks to the RC24 team for maintaining this functionality!
- Two versions of Bootmii SD Files are now considered valid. The older version hosted online by Team Twiizer, and now also the newer version that the latest HackMii Installer creates when preparing an SD card.
- Added custom meta.xml and icon.png to the HackMii Installer. The installer itself is still downloaded from the original source and NOT mirrored.
- Updated Configurable USB Loader MOD Patched to the latest version 70r78.11 by nitro from 2017/01/15 (mighty.dol plugin also updated) http://tiny.cc/r5kqtz
- CFG USBLoader downloads will only update\overwrite apps folder, existing usb-loader config files will not be overwritten. Previous behaviour would have renamed the usb-folder if detected; now it just skips any duplicates when copying config files.
- No longer creates a custom CFG USBLoader config.txt to avoid potential user error\overwrite if manually copying files over to SD or USB.
SysCheck Updater (6.6.0)
- d2x v8-final and v10-beta52 are considered equivalent by ModMii's sysCheck updater.
- SysCheck updater will now consider cIOSs valid regardless of their installed version number (i.e. d2x v10 will be considered valid if it's v65535, v21010 or some other number).
- Added check for RiiConnect24's IOS31 to ModMii's sysCheck Updater, if detected users will be prompted whether they want to keep or overwrite RiiConnect24.
- Added check to sysCheck updater to abort if console type is detected as vWii
- Added checks for SNEEK when building UNEEK, and vice versa. Users are prompted if there's a conflict to choose whether to skip or overwrite SD files for one with the other. This is especially helpful for users trying to set up a SNEEK and UNEEK dual-boot configuration. Users are instructed how to have both SNEEK and UNEEK (with or without DI) set up simultaneously to allow quickly switching between them using USBLoaderGX.
- Added many more SNEEK notes to help users get started, and notes are now also displayed if using ModMii Skin.
- 9 new or updated videos added to ModMii guides (although the KoreanKii videos are so short they almost don't count)
- str2hax and Priiloader v0.9 videos by Foxlet and directed by XFlak.
- Some YAWMM Mod, ARCME, KoreanKii removal videos recorded by Clutz450, edited by alexander1970 and directed by XFlak.
- KoreanKii installation video by JoostinOnline.
- LetterBomb and Downloading LetterBomb videos by DeadlyFoez. He recorded these ages ago but they were never used until now.
- Updated HackMii Installer video recorded by Foxlet, combined with older footage from DeadlyFoez, edited by alexander1970, directed by XFlak. This video now shows what the installer looks like if you can install Bootmii as boot2 as well as if you cannot.
Fixed dead links (6.6.0)
- Updated ModMii's cheat code downloader to use codes.rc24.xyz since geckocodes.org has shut down.
- Updated broken links for Accio Hacks, FAT32 GUI Formatter and UnRAR (UnRAR required for SNEEK installations). Broken links were only problematic if the files had not been previously downloaded and saved to ModMii's temp folder.
- If you happen to type "scam" after typing "skip" and accidentally press enter at the scam warning screen, ModMii will no longer prompt you with the aforementioned screen until the next software update. Yes I know this isn't a dead link, but if you made it this far into the changelog and are still paying attention you earned an egg!
- Reuploaded and updated links for ModMii's youtube videos.
- Other minor changes.
- So this is the final FINAL update... again... see you for the next one!
6.5.1 Changelog - 2019-03-24:
- Updated the ModMii Installer. It does a better job of avoiding false-positive antivirus alerts. It also now includes an Uninstaller.
- Updated download links in response to pending filetrip shutdown.
- Other minor changes.
Click here to view the full changelog